Sundays are slow for everyone and I’m no exception. Here are some things from around the interconnecting series of tubes that I collected for your perusing* pleasure:
- PBS has this new Youtube channel called Idea Channel, and I love it. It’s a great way to have ten quick minutes of intellectual stimulation about the vast amount of pop culture you take in every day. Here is their latest episode. Also, the guy reminds me of everyone in my residential college at UVA, so that’s positive.
- Do you love Twin Peaks? This is for you. P.S. Laura Palmer was allegedly murdered on my first birthday.
- Would anyone like to go to this with me?
- The BBC has politely helped further my obsession with catfishing markets.
- Remember my fantasy life? We’ll be returning to that soon. Basically, this lady’s blog/consulting firm is it. And now you can listen to her talk about it on the radio!
- Want to read the sweetest/saddest love letter of all time? It’s basically a real-life Love Story without the maudlin, yet compelling, soundtrack. (Hint: just play this while you read it.)
- Amity Bitzel’s bizarre story about her abusive dad adopting a murderer in both print and audio versions.
- If someone will let me know, once and for all, where pasta is from, I will be really grateful. THE PUBLIC DEMANDS ANSWERS.
- I’m rushing home tonight to make this. Wish me luck.
- Another of my weird obsessions: Westboro Baptist Church. Read that story about a Phelps defector and the fallout.
*side note: did you know that peruse actually means to examine carefully and at length? It does not mean “to skim” as I had previously thought.