I’m with my family out of town today, so enjoy these links until I get back tomorrow.
- Tony Horwitz wrote one of my favorite books about the modern South and the War Between the States, as it were. Here is a talk with him.
- Jeremy Scott vs. Jimbo Phillips. Probably the most egregious and obvious example of copyright infringement I’ve ever seen.
- A really long long read about medical bills and why they’re so high and what we can do.
- Look! Another article about weird stuff that occasionally happens in Japan that everyone is now going to pretend is totally commonplace.
- You may not know this, but I am Banksy. It feels so good to finally just say it.
- Ah, yes. The unique name problem.
- If you have an hour and love Belle and Sebastian (I did. I do.), this video is for you. I saw them in concert when I was 16 (prime B&S age), and Stuart Murdoch was so twee and precious and kept saying things like, “I’ve never been so far from the sea and the air is just unbearably wonderful” and swinging his legs over the edge of the stage.
- I’ve been saying this FOR. YEARS. The people on the Food Network today (one of whom is my life’s work [I’m serious]) are boring to watch compared to the incomparable, consummate professionals they used to have.
- This is all so pretty, and also accurate. I used it for my recent trip to Iceland!
- This Craigslist ad is why I love people.
Did you read anything good this week? Tell me in the comments!