Well, friends, I got you these. Enjoy a quiet day.
- I don’t know that I would call them the “first couple of American letters,” but I really like this profile.
- Leading men age, but leading ladies don’t. Unless they win an Oscar. Then they age a little.
- Did you see Waitress? I loved it. I love this blog, too!
- As I embark on this new job, I plan to escape the cult of busy, as they say. Newsflash: I’m not important.
- Oh, my god, do I ever love Stevie. Never change, you doll.
- My internet friend, Snowden, wrote this about Barry Hannah, a Mississippian and great writer that I think of often and hope is resting well.
- For when you get your windfall inheritance and need to establish an offshore tax haven.
- They changed the pimento cheese at the Masters’ and people were really bad, but no worries: Wright Thompson is ON IT.
- E. L. Konigsburg was one of my favorite writers as a little girl, and she passed this week. I loved this piece about the Met, imagination, and her.
- Soy Bomb strikes again.
- To quote Mara Wilson, this is like the Social Network for NPR.
- Where can you pick an apple for free and eat it? This map tells you.