Happy Mother’s Day! Here are some things to read in between your grandmother asking you when you’re finally going to get married.
- I was wearing deliberately homely sweaters before the NYT deemed it “hipster.”
- Related: Shakespeare was a hipster.
- Now you can google through the original trustafarian’s spendthrift ledger.
- Your old neighborhood? A Brooklyn ex-pat’s heaven.
- Cannibalism was apparently very trendy in Jamestown (where English people lived before it was cool.)
- Yo, Wes Anderson! I’ve got your casting done for your next movie.
- While I do not want to eat a worm at a farm-to-table place in SF, you’re kidding yourself if you believe food isn’t filthy.
- But I don’t want to eat industrial slaughterhouse meat, either. Maybe I should stop eating.
- Someone needs to tell this guy that White Collar is a fictitious production.
- On wanting to be martyred in America.