Here’s a quick round up of things to read for you on this, my favorite day of the week.
- All who wander aren’t lost, and this new magazine takes specific aim at exact place by dedicating each issue to exploring a very small area. This time, it’s a street in Berlin.
- Stealing koi is a thing now.
- How to help make traffic less bad by positioning your car slightly differently.
- Remember that you are lucky, not special, and that you should take pains to help those less fortunate.
- A disco producer’s disappearance.
- Here lies an illustrated history of fake dinosaurs, which is a lot longer than you might think possible.
- You actually have no idea what you will do when bad things happen. This is a brave story about domestic violence and recovery in the New York Times.
- This is patently insane. Did you remember this? I didn’t. How did I not know about people living in a biodome cult?
- Pashto, the tongue of Afghanistan, has a specific word for the pride women feel that their lover is a good warrior. I learned about watan by reading this long article about the tradition of oral poetry by women.
- Salvador Dali + Alice in Wonderland = ?