You know what the best part of a three-day weekend is? A four day work week comes along with that. Enjoy your day.
- I could lose hours looking at this scientific flavor map.
- Andrew Bird talks about the puzzle of writing a love song in the New York Times!
- Consider the abandoned art museum.
- Buying wine based on the (back) label.
- A modern dictionary of linguistic signifiers, modeled on Flaubert’s (I swear, this is actually funny).
- E.B. White and James Thurber: hilarious, a little smutty, and complete with line drawings.
- This will probably disappear from the internet very shortly, so watch it ASAP.
- I did not know that Ed Hardy is a serious and academic artist, and I am sad about how sad he is about his big mistake.
- I could not be more bored with the Miley Cyrus “controversy” but I don’t want to be like “meanwhile, in Syria” or “Trayvon Martin” about it, so here are some actual strippers critiquing her VMA performance.
- Ladies and gentlemen, the only Marvin Gaye-related thing you will ever, ever want to hear ever again.