I’m puppy-sitting out in the suburbs, so today’s been a little more hectic than usual, even before 8. Guess who figured out object permanence? Enjoy!
- If you, like me, are weird about Thomas Jefferson, here is a podcast where someone does their impression of him for an hour each week. They talk about contemporary political issues and are presumably wearing powdered wigs.
- Have you ever wished Steve Martin would teach you your state capitals? Wish no more.
- One of my favorite artists talks about the provenance of his musical alias, which is one of my favorite animals.
- The ten most dangerous places in New York.
- One of the daughters of one of the architects of Auschwitz has been quietly living in Northern Virginia and is keeping her identity a secret.
- Stop asking for antibiotics when you don’t need them. Take the entire course of them when you do need them. We’re reaching the end of antibiotics, and it is our fault.
- Unprecedented: The life expectancy of undereducated white women is dropping, unlike everyone else’s.
- An interesting graphic novel concept about what combat is like from Colby Buzzell, a veteran and writer.
- Here is a video of a very drunk Robert Pattinson and Katy Perry karaokeing “I’ll Make Love to You.”
- Outsider scientists: Sometimes they get it right and are geniuses. Sometimes they do not and are weirdos.