Charleston Food and Wine Festival really did me dirty. I need to remain still. Remember me as I was.
- Because it’s Mississippi, I’m friends with the family this story is about. I think that means I’m almost friends with Woody Harrelson.
- Related, this time with 100% more Richard Simmons.
- Fantastic long read by Rachel Monroe in The Oxford American. I’m not even going to tell you what it’s about.
- I think my friend Brad summed up PUA culture really well when he said it’s a 200 page book that says “wear a red shirt, wear a red shirt, wear a read shirt” and on the last page it says, “actually go talk to women” and then everyone thinks its the red shirt. That said, I really thought this article about the Asian Pick-Up Artist (aka JT) was an interesting angle to consider.
- An archived copy of a 1992 Dallas News story about the man Dallas Buyers Club is about.
- People send these things to me, and usually they are really easy, but this is a Southern food IQ test that is a little tough!
- Shirley Temple, child actors, and what it means to be a natural.
- Fantastic NPR piece on a cowboy stunt double.
- I will forever champion the virtues of a good-to-excellent hostel. Here are some fancy ones in Europe that I’m going to check out.
- The EPA AND political intrigue? Yes, please.