I found this old list of articles I forgot to post, so what better time than now to share them?
- “Mistakes were made” has its own Wikipedia page.
- A long read about the over-diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and how we got here. Fun fact: when I took the little quiz at the bottom, it said I probably have ADD, and so do about 50-60% of Americans!
- The Onion gets just a step too close to home again.
- I don’t know a ton about how spam comments work (other than the fact that I get a lot of them here), but The Awl figured it out, and explained it in terms I mostly understood!
- Regardless of how you feel about eating meat, eggs, and dairy (things I eat sometimes!), read this Rolling Stone article about factory farming. It’s important and it’s not earth mother bullshit.
- Here’s a sweet video of a leopard and a baboon that doesn’t start out so great, but is pretty darn cute.
- Irregular sleeping is a high-risk behavior, and the one most commonly engaged in in America today. I am questioning my entire self-perception as a morning person now.
- I had been following the Robert Levinson story for awhile, so I don’t know why it never occurred to me that he was involved in an off-book CIA mission. I sincerely thought that only happened on Covert Affairs.
- Tavi Geveneson is precocious, but this great and thoughtful piece sounds exactly like something I wrote when I was seventeen-going-on-eighteen (also precocious). Do you remember this feeling? I remember this feeling.
- The layout of this Globe piece on the Tsarnevs of Boston infamy is fascinating, and the result of a five month investigation. Must read.
After I compiled these, I realized I skewed kinda dark this week. Next week, it’ll be all puppies and rainbows, k?