After proof that a full moon can take a wrecking ball to everything you think you know, it’ll be nice to just sit around and read today, right?
- I have lived and will continue to live in places at the periphery of reliable smartphone coverage, so this is excellent news for me, a chronically lost person.
- Haven’t gotten through all this yet, but Guernica’s American South issue has a ton of great pieces to explore at your leisure across interview, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and art. Enjoy.
- I am very excited about the new Wes Anderson because I love artists with obvious signatures, and he was really influential on the development of my personal style. I welcome any and all looks inside the little dollhouse of his mind.
- Interesting quick read about the black press during the Civil War.
- My friend sent me this thing about the tulip stock market and whoa, plants are so crazy! I’m reading a book about flowers right now, so it feels like everything is about this. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
- Let’s have a talk about fast fashion and all that entails.
- Oology is the study of bird eggs, and this is a long read about tracking down people who steal them from nests. I know this sounds so boring, but it was every bit as compelling as The Wire.
- Basically every woman in the known world is sorry you aren’t Idris Elba, too. Also, these are HILARIOUS and it’s impossible to know who’s mad and who’s just saying funny stuff.
- Hey, this is a really nice story about a guy who tracked down the guy who talked him off a bridge.
- So far, I’ve only ever been to four of these, and I’m optimistic to visit all of them! Looks like there is great coffee to be had the world over, including in Antarctica!