Despite Field Day being my least favorite day of the year in grade school, I’m voluntarily attending one today. If you’re luckier than me and spending this time in of doors and not playing Capture the Flag, enjoy some fancy reading materials.
- AN ANIMATED JOHNNY CASH INTERVIEW. He talks about his sideburns, touring life, and being ordained by God to sing “Ring of Fire.” PBS is the best.
- “What would you keep children for? So they can get you water on your deathbed?” Stay weird, Human Barbie, stay weird.
- SURPRISE! Tons of famous landmarks are in the middle of large cities. But no, for real, I had no idea the Pyramids of Giza looked like this, or that Stonehenge was part of the commute for some folks.
- Southerners: It’s not that we’re sorry, it’s that we’re sorry we got caught.
- We actually want to date ourselves.
- No, really.
- Being kayak-jacked is the hell I never knew I feared the most.
- Would anyone like to go treasure hunting with me? This is a real question. My contact info is in the About tab.
- Treat yourself to a decent towel.
- Here’s a visual guide to the best style of coffee to drink in each country. I can vouch for a couple, but now I just want to go to Asia to try all these odd combos I hadn’t previously considered.