In the last couple weeks, I’ve gotten a couple pieces of great news for my freelance work. Little bitty ole Chronderlust led to my new column on the Hairpin, Ask A Fancy Person. and a job as the society reporter for Charleston City Paper. Someone passed that along to an editor at Cosmopolitan, and I had my first piece published there this week! I couldn’t be more excited about these fun things I’m getting to do and write about. Thanks so much for reading Chronderlust, and keep your eyes peeled for more of my writing around the web and in print! I wouldn’t get to do any of this if you weren’t reading this here.
Y’all are Loving:
It’s Still Here Somewhere!
From the Annals of History:
Cannot Shut Up About:afghanistan art basketball beer book club books booze celebrities charleston cocktails college cooking crafts design DIY drinking drinks earnest easy easy peasy fantasy life fantasy life update Fashion feminism food friends fun fun fun funny getting out gifts happy hour history holidays home interior design Japan kentucky kentucky derby lazy sunday links literature long reads Louisville love mad men mississippi music my work national poetry month nostalgia parties photography poetry pseudoscience reading recipe recipes shame shopping snacks south carolina so you know tea tea party tea party tuesday the freakin weekend the hairpin the new yorker things i like travel video videos weekends wine you should know how to do this
- Heading to Israel this weekend for a couple days; anyone got a good lead on snacks? 4 hours ago
- RT @pronounced_ing: If anyone has any embarrassing news or revelations now might be the time to put it out there, just saying. 2 weeks ago
- Witnessing for myself is a thought experiment I've conducted more than once. I'd be terrible. newyorker.com/culture/jia-to… Thx, @jiatolentino. 2 weeks ago
- RT @TaraEAnderson: I think I'll be revising my bio to include "Bono yelled at me once, and William Shatner has me blocked on Twitter." 😂 1 month ago
- Pretty good primer on emotional labor: english.emmaclit.com/2017/05/20/you… 1 month ago