Y’all, I had a rough. week. I’m treating myself to some day drinks, a new dress, and an afternoon at the Gibbes. Enjoy these reads!
- Let’s start with a buzzkill: Practice good password hygiene. (via Pableaux Johnson)
- Casey Cep tries to quantify her soul with some ungodly Fitbit for mindfulness.
- Fun fact: I will take your throat out with my teeth if you tell me to “smile” on the street. I guess there’s a solution now! The Smile Bitch Training Camp!
- There is nothing, nothing, I love better than a charming man. Is there anything better than being dazzled? But what is charm? Benjamin Schwartz talks the rise and fall of charming men over at the Atlantic.
- I have never watched a single episode of Seinfeld, and Chuck Klosterman is making me feel better about that.
- If watching this compilation of dogs fighting boots doesn’t cheer you up, it’s over for you.
- You probably heard that the New Yorker’s archives are free for the summer, but they’ve been around awhile and just thinking about all the stuff you want to read is dizzying. Here’s a great roundup from The Awl of some do-not-miss pieces.
- The mysterious case of the Sherlock pilgrims, a group of people who travel to Switzerland and dress in costume to recreate the last hours of the detective’s life.
- You’re bad at multitasking.
- “Would you say she is your BFF?” “For your purposes, yes.” This is a great interview and I’m not sure who either of these actresses are. Solid work, Eric Spitznagel!