Syrup is a many-splendored thing. A two-to-one ratio of water to sugar can turn into virtually whatever sweet concoction you can imagine. When I was working in fine dining, we had ginger syrups and jalapeno syrups and hibiscus syrups and I don’t even remember what else for our highly fancy cocktails. A dash of simple makes making sweet tea much, much simpler, whatever weird syrups you care to concoct make your Sodastream a thing worth the counter space, and of course the omnipresent bottle of Hersey’s will trick small children (okay, and also me) into drinking their milk. I see pre-made syrups hanging out at the grocery store, and it makes me ultra-crazy because it takes under a minute to make and the sky’s the limit. I’m going to show you how to make chocolate syrup today, but I’ll make some notes after the jump for how to customize it. The method’s the same no matter what.
Y’all are Loving:
It’s Still Here Somewhere!
From the Annals of History:
Cannot Shut Up About:afghanistan art basketball beer book club books booze celebrities charleston cocktails college cooking crafts design DIY drinking drinks earnest easy easy peasy fantasy life fantasy life update Fashion feminism food friends fun fun fun funny getting out gifts happy hour history holidays home interior design Japan kentucky kentucky derby lazy sunday links literature long reads Louisville love mad men mississippi music my work national poetry month nostalgia parties photography poetry pseudoscience reading recipe recipes shame shopping snacks south carolina so you know tea tea party tea party tuesday the freakin weekend the hairpin the new yorker things i like travel video videos weekends wine you should know how to do this
- Heading to Israel this weekend for a couple days; anyone got a good lead on snacks? 3 days ago
- RT @pronounced_ing: If anyone has any embarrassing news or revelations now might be the time to put it out there, just saying. 2 weeks ago
- Witnessing for myself is a thought experiment I've conducted more than once. I'd be terrible. newyorker.com/culture/jia-to… Thx, @jiatolentino. 2 weeks ago
- RT @TaraEAnderson: I think I'll be revising my bio to include "Bono yelled at me once, and William Shatner has me blocked on Twitter." 😂 1 month ago
- Pretty good primer on emotional labor: english.emmaclit.com/2017/05/20/you… 1 month ago