My favorite icebreaker game is one I came up with when I learned that Marion Cottilard 1. almost certainly had an affair with Brad Pitt and 2. is a 9/11 truther. The essence of the game is this: you have to self-assess the weirdest conspiracy theory you could earnestly believe and still be hooking up with the exact same people you could now. In this case, we know that MC is hot enough to believe something like that bonkers and still get with Sexiest Man Alive 1995 and 2000.
This game is very revealing and extremely entertaining. So, for example, I’m probably “grassy knoll” hot, but I’m probably not “chemtrails” hot. Kate Upton is “Jon Benet Ramsey and Katy Perry are one person” hot, but I don’t think that all Playboy models are. We are all attractive enough to believe the government controls the weather. No one is “vaccines are a hoax” hot.
Today, I want to come out of the closet with this new Huey Long truther. Check out this episode of Criminal and tell me I’m wrong. SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS.
I’m still nursing a tryptophan hangover, so you’ll have to fend for yourselves.
- URGENT MATTER OF NATIONAL IMPORT: Watch this before it goes away because of copyrighty nonsense and ruins all my fun.
- Actually, Thanksgiving food does taste better, according to Science.
- I knew someone in college who was really, really into lucid dreaming and he was always pressing books on me and trying to talk quietly to me until I fell asleep/was asleep and explaining how to take control of my astral plains or whatever and maybe he was on to something.
- Lettering does not equal type, and here are the distinctions. (This is very interesting, contrary to the way I set it up.)
- I was completely and utterly hooked after the first line of this excellent article about the international art dealing community.
- Albert Camus killed JFK.
- Almost everyone my age who is interested in food credits Alton Brown of Good Eats with feeding that kernel of curiosity in the late 90s/early 00s. He didn’t have the stupid construct that I was following along (wasn’t allowed to use stove) or that I could buy expensive ingredients (couldn’t earn money because childhood), and instead focused on teaching you how things worked, and this is what made him so great.
- Paul Walker died last night, and this is a mediation on fame, masculine beauty in the extreme, and dying young. If you were born between 1985-1992 and you say that Paul Walker + Usher were not completely formative in your understanding of your own sexuality, you’re a liar and I want you to stop reading Chronderlust.
- Quick reminder: The internet is not anonymous and you are not so smart, even you, Miss OBGYN Smartypants/Drug Dealer.
- I can’t bring myself to click this, since I’m already afraid of EVERYTHING, but maybe you will want to. Even the lead up is creepy. I need to lie down.